Monday, June 3, 2013

To leave or not to leave . that is the question.

Is it wrong to leave all my problems and start over new somewhere else?


well i just read in Jonah that he ran from what God asked him to do but i am not sure if what i am doing is a request from God because i am in a relationship that is redirecting my life in a negative way and i continue am looking for the light but i do not see it , God does come thru every time when i need him. Would God punish us if we are to run from our problems instead of relying in him to help us? I want to leave but i already would feel guilty and feel as if i have done something terribly wrong why is that? Is God making feel this way so i don't leave or is there a hidden purpose for me staying that i don't know yet. i have read in 1 Corinthians 7:32 that a man unmarried can be free from concerns and worry from this life and only worry about how to please the Lord. Can this be applied to a relationship? i think so. ..........if my relationship is very difficult am i allowed to not want it anymore? some people would say don't run from your problems and don't be  a coward and etc and i am not running for say i just don't want to be in the situation i am currently in right now it is affecting my faith my personal believes and my future. I know God has a plan for me but why should i be stuck in a choice I made. I want to better myself and not be stuck in the choices i made so if i choose to go after Christ and give up the relationship i am in to want a better relationship with Christ then why do i feel so burden and guilty to stay?

2 comments:

  1. In the Orthodox view, you can ALWAYS come back to God and repent.

    I don't think it's wrong to run from your problems. I have known plenty of people who have done what you are contemplating. Sometimes the way isn't clear and you must do what you feel you should. It's hard to say what to do. But this isn't causing you stress because of something that was commanded directly from God. In the end, the choice is yours. That is what most choices are. I am always skeptical of people who hear direct clear things about the path of their lives. I am skeptical of those who say things to me and when I've said them to others. Don't let confusion and guilt make you stay in a situation that you don't want when it is not producing good. In the end, you'll have to make a decision my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you good sir Cameron you always know how to clarify things that may seem so simple but yet so complex God bless my good friend

      Delete